Thursday 24 November 2011

Caution Horses

I'm uncomfortably out of the bearish (European-centric) trade.

Technically & sentiment-wise (when everyone gets it?) I feel a bounce is probable.

But more accurately I don't like the risk-reward right here/right now.

Yesterday's SPX weakness made for a tough day, but ironically the 'reason de jour' - the 'failed' Bund auction - may provide the catalyst for a little hopepium.

I'm not sure the auction represented anything other than investors recoiling @ sub-2% yields (six of the last eight 10 year auctions have technically failed) but it was probably poor enough to spook the fiscally conservative horses.

In the coming days I suspect we'll see more Bild-like stories supposedly 'softening' the German resistance to the  EuroBond solution.

This is a long-term aspiration, but hope is all the markets have.

Enough to re-test the recent neckline breaks in European equities?

No comments:

Post a Comment