Thursday 5 January 2012

Dublin Calling: Trading 101

As a trader I believe in looking for the looking for the TRUTH - however illusive - and interpreting the PATTERNS.

TRUTH? I'm a cynical (ex hedge fund) macro kinda guy.

PATTERNS? I'm a old fashioned wave (fib) counting tech.

Putting the two together - creating an edge? - is a life times work. And that only works if you get the DISCIPLINE right - most of the time?

I like to take a clear view - to swing risk on/off  to use modern parlance - but I'm always tentative ('strong opinion weakly held') in my risk taking.

Markets morph.

Markets often make no sense.

But the price is always RIGHT.

For 2012 I'm going to write about my trading semi-religously and very philosophically.

I've recently returned to full-time trading after a 3 year interlude.

I'm Irish.

I'm passionate.

I'm worried.

And in my (no so weak) opinion I think I've see this parts of this movie.

I hope to contribute - to add value to fellow traders/investors - but its gonna be fun regardless.

Tomorrow -  few themes to start the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment